Friday, January 9, 2009

Me in a Nut Shell

The Proust Questionnaire
A set of questions believed to reveal one's true identity or nature. It was popularized by a French essayist and novelist who enjoyed answering it when he was a teenager.

I think I would like to start my blog for this year by answering these set of questions as a form of introspection.


1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
- My idea of perfect happiness is to be with the ones I love in utmost contentment which means: having enough for the things we need with a little excess for the things we want and being at peace with myself and with everyone.

2. What is your greatest fear?
- An untimely and painful or horrible death for me and for any of my loved ones.

3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
- My tendency to procastinate a lot.

4. What is the trait you most deplore in others?
- Parasitism in different forms: emotional, financial

5. Which living person do you most admire?
- I admire people who strived hard to earn their place under the sun.

6. What is your greatest extravagance?
- Food - enough said.

7. What is your current state of mind?
- There's a hodgepodge of ideas going on inside my head but I am excited about the things to come... so - I think I'm ok.

8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
- Cleanliness

9. On what occasion do you lie?
- When I don't want to create any complications with anyone.

10. What do you most dislike about your appearance?
- The extra pounds that come and go

11. Which living person do you most despise?
-To say it would create so much complications.

12. What is the quality you most like in a man?
- Character and charm

13. What is the quality you most like in a woman?
- Intelligence

14. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
- Bem or Baby - referring to my husband,G

15. What or who is the greatest love of your life?
- God, my G, family...

16. When and where were you happiest?
- I'm happiest when I am with the ones I love so dear

17. Which talent would you most like to have?
- To cook good food and create a feast fit for kings

18. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
- To just do it and stop procastinating.

19. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
- To survive everyday with great optimism and not let the day pass without doing something good or worthwhile.

20. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?
I would like to be reincarnated as water... because you get to travel on land and air, quench people's thirst and make things grow.

21. Where would you most likely to live?
I would like to live in a place close to nature where I am surrounded by people whom I treasure and love most.

22. What is your most treasured possession?
Since my life is borrowed, I would say my relationships - with my husband, family, friends and students.

23. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
Not to be loved at all

24. What is your favorite occupation?
Being a full time home maker

25. What is your most marked characteristic?
Being stubborn but lovable

26. What do you most value in your friends?
Loyalty and sincerity

27. Who are your favorite writers?
Jane Austen, Paulo Coelho, Norton Juster, William Shakespeare, JK Rowling...just to name a few.

28. Who is your hero of fiction?
Wolverine

29. Which historical figure do you most identify with?
I'm not sure, Jane Austen maybe?

30. Who are your heroes in real life?
My husband who made a big difference in my life, my parents who gave me life, my sisters who will always be my best friends and my friends who stayed with me through thick and thin. Also, my students who made me a part of their lives.

31. What are your favorite names?
What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet

32. What is it that you most dislike?
- animosity

33. What is your greatest regret?
- I firmly believe that everything happened to me for a reason and most of them by choice... so, no regrets.

34. How would you like to die?
peacefully, while sleeping

35. What is your motto?
These too shall pass - so live and love like there's no tomorrow.

http://www.vanityfair.com/archives/features/proust

No comments:

Post a Comment