In a few days, we will be saying goodbye to 2010 and say hello to 2011...I have to admit that as I look back at some of the highlights I have experienced from this year, I can't help but be excited for the coming year. I looked back at some of the things that I wrote on this blog which is not much but I would like to say have had such an impact on my 2010 experiences.
This 2010, I...
1. joined my first 5K walk for the Susan G. Komen's Race for the Cure. It was a very fulfilling experience and I had a blast preparing for it because I was practically walking every single day around the neighborhood with my mom (who is currently vacationing with us til Feb.). I'm very happy that I have my husband G and my friend L with me. The 5K walk was a breeze because of these 2.
2. lost at least 8-10 lbs this year. I have to say that my determination to finish my first 5K walk, worked to my advantage. I walked every day and was finding myself picking healthier food choices as I progress with the training. Hopefully, I'll get to lose 20 more next year.
3. became active spiritually and made new friends which includes L who walked with me during my first 5K.
4. rediscovered my love for books. This year, I was able to do a lot of reading...but I noticed that most of them were cook books but still books nonetheless. I will be featuring some of the books here.
5. baked a pie for the first time this year. We went apple picking (also a first time)during the fall season and just can't help but make apple pie! Have not done my own pie pastry yet but it's a start.
I hope that this coming year, I will have more opportunity to do all the things that I have and want to do. I am thinking of doing so many things in my head like:
a. taking up weights using my new tension cords
b. cooking more from my recipe books
c. writing blogs again
d. running and joining hopefully my first timed marathon in the Susan G. Komen race for the cure
e. study for my PRAXIS exam for Biology
f. losing an additional 20 or 30 pounds
g. baking more
I'm soooo excited!!!!!!!