Friday, October 9, 2015

I love you....To the Moon and Back.....


clear sky and the moon - 8930T&C

When I was still single, it was a wonder to me why some people find it hard to stay together and now that I'm married - I learned that truly - marriage is no picnic or a walk in the park.

We celebrated our 10th year anniversary on my birthday this year and I realized that I never got him anything and today I will remedy that by dedicating this blog to the love of my life.

Since it's our 10th year anniversary, here are 10 things that I love about this guy:

1. He is patient.
- He courted me the traditional Filipino way (minus the harana) and really spent time to get to know not just me but also my family. The fact that we are still married is a testament of how patient this man is.

2. He accepts me for what I am.
- This sounds like a line from a song but it is a reality for me. He knows all of my weaknesses and shortcomings, yet - he is still here with me.

3. He keeps me grounded.
- I admit that I sometimes forget myself and he gently brings me back to earth.                                    
    
My love with the moon on his fingertips
4. He is my number one cheerleader.
- Often, I do find myself doubtful of my ability to do things and I get discouraged easily. Whenever that happens, he tells me that I can do everything that I put my mind into.

5. He gives me alone time especially when I just want to be on my own. Also, he doesn't mind if I have girl time with my friends.

6. He is funny without even trying. He makes me laugh and helps me see the humor in almost all situations.

7. He is so easy to please. For as long as there's a hot meal waiting for him at dinner time, he is a happy man.

8. He gets along with almost everyone. I like that he is friendly and can strike a conversation with anyone. He is also very humble and a trooper.

9. He is a problem solver. When there's a problem in our midst, he doesn't complain but look for ways to solve it instead.

10. He helped me revitalize my faith and helped me become an active Catholic.

I love you, baby to the moon and back. Excited to celebrate the next 65 years with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment