Monday, October 12, 2015

The Prompt: The meaning behind my blog name

This prompt was taken from Pinterest - entitled The 30-day Blog Challenge saved from contentwritingwizard.com
 
When the prompt says blog name, what comes to my mind right away was that of the title of my blog and then the name that I use in the blog. So, because of this - I decided to explain how both came about.
 
I will start with the easiest which was the name I used in the blog. Rhea (pronounced with a short e - like Ray -ah) is the nickname my Mom and Dad gave me. The boo was added by yours truly because there was a time during the 90's when I was obsessed with the song My Boo ( "at night, I think of you - I want to be your lady, Baby. If the game is on, give me a call Boo").
 
moi and my kitchen
The not a plain housewife came up as a consolation for myself when I literally became one. Being a housewife is something that I resent because I was never a domestic goddess. I worked all throughout my single life and the title itself, I find to be a bit demeaning. It's nicer to hear the term homemaker as opposed to a housewife. In my crazy head, when people ask my current profession and I say "housewife" - their face seems to crumple a bit. Thus, I decided that it needs to be preceded by a phrase that would erase that negative notion of a housewife - not a plain housewife is born.
 
I love this title because it inspires me to aspire to be someone who is a housewife and is proud to be one because I am more than that title. Because the reality is, being a housewife is not just being someone who takes care of the house but so much more than that - we are treasurers, auditors, nurses, counselors, psychologists - the keeper of peace and the heart of the home. I have to admit that I've been one for the last 7 years and while I do miss working and earning, I have learned to accept, appreciate and love being one. To date, I still am not a domestic goddess but I am working on it...little by little.

No comments:

Post a Comment