Wednesday, October 14, 2015

We Walked with Francis


We walked with Francis on the September 23 and the hubby was fortunate also to be with him together with the rest of the families from around the U.S. and the world for the World Meeting of Families in Philadelphia.
 
This was a big deal for me because Pope Francis was the first pope that I have ever seen in person. I passed on the opportunity to see Pope John Paul II in the Philippines during the World Youth Day which happened when I was in college and I will forever regret it. To see the vicar of Christ and to personally hear his message of hope and encouragement for all of us, both Catholics and non-Catholics alike, is truly a blessing.
I have to admit though that going to the canonization mass in the Basilica was a feat. I am not sure if this is something that I want to do over again but to see Pope Francis in person and to also listen to him makes all the pain of walking, waiting and standing in line for more than 5 hours is worth it.   
 
Given the opportunity, we will walk with Francis again!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment